Our Code of Ethics
We commit to:
- Treat all our clients with respect and be fair, impartial and even handed.
- Behave honestly and ethically.
- Uphold confidentiality (unless in extreme circumstances).
- Uphold the principle of self-determination for the parties – their participation and agreement are voluntary.
- Only take on work that is suitable for Dispute Resolution and where we have the required skills.
- Provide an open and transparent description of any Dispute Resolution process and how fees are charged.
- Conduct the Dispute Resolution process in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Disclose any potential conflicts of interest at the outset or as soon as they become known to us.
We are members of AMINZ and the Resolution Institute – national and Australasian institutes specialising in dispute resolution. We adhere to their professional standards and codes of ethics. These can be found here: www.aminz.org.nz/Folder?Action=View%20File&Folder_id=79&File=CodeofEthicsfinal1December2011.pdf and https://www.resolution.institute/about-us/code-of-ethics
We are also members of the Nelson Mediation Hub.